Temporary residence permit is the right of a foreign citizen to temporarily stay in Russia until a permanent residence permit is obtained.
Temporary residence permit is issued in the form of a mark (stamp) in the passport or other identity document of the foreign citizen recognized by the Russian Federation. If a citizen does not have an identity document, the permit is issued as a separate document according to a special template.
LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
"On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation" (Federal Law No.115-FZ of July 25, 2002, as amended).
"On the establishment of a quota for the issuance of foreign citizens and persons without citizenship permits for temporary residence in the Russian Federation for the year ..." (Decree of the RF Government, updated annually).
- Temporary residence permit is issued for 3 years.
- Multiple entry visa is issued for the period of validity of the temporary residence permit.
- It is not required to obtain a work permit or a patent in order to work.
- It is allowed to stay on the territory of the Russian Federation for the duration of the temporary residence permit.
- Temporary residence permit is one of the stages of obtaining a residence permit and Russian citizenship.
GETTING A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
Temporary residence permit is issued to a foreign citizen according to the quota which is approved by the Russian government for the coming calendar year for each subject of the Russian Federation. If the quota is exhausted, the application for temporary residence permit will not be accepted.
Temporary residence permit can be issued without taking quota into account to foreign citizens who:
- were born in the Russian Federation and in the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, if in the past, they had the nationality of the USSR;
- have family ties with the Russian Federation citizens;
- are voluntary immigrants and compatriots in the framework of a State Programme;
- are enlisted in the army.
To obtain the quota for temporary residence permits the foreign citizen submits the required application to the territorial division on migration of the Russian Interior Ministry.
Upon receipt of the quota the foreign citizen should apply to
the territorial division on migration of the Russian Interior Ministry to get a temporary residence permit.
Foreign citizens applying for a temporary residence permitin Moscow do so at the following address:
Multifunctional Migration Center, Voronovo settlement (500 m from the Sakharovo village), Troitsky Administrative District, Moscow.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GETTING A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
1) Application for temporary residence permit (2 copies).
2) Colour photograph of the foreign citizen, size 3x4, matt-finish.
3) Passport or other identity document of the foreign citizen which is recognized by the Russian Federation.
4) Certificate of no criminal record issued by the country of permanent residence of the foreign citizen confirming that he/she has no convictions.
Certificate of no criminal record is valid for 3 months.
5) Medical certificate proving that the foreign citizen doesnít have any infectious diseases that pose a danger to others:
- certificate of absence of disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV);
- document confirming absence of drug addiction disease and infectious diseases: Leprosy (Hansen`s disease), Tuberculosis, Syphilis,
Chlamydia lymphogranuloma, Chancroid.
6) Document confirming ability to speak Russian, knowledge of the history of Russia and basics of the Russian law.
7) The original document confirming payment of the fee for issuance of the temporary residence permit.
8) Migration card stamped by the border control authority.
Documents in a foreign language must be translated and notarized.
Processing time for temporary residence permit from the date of
submission of the application for foreign citizens who arrived to the
Russian Federation is:
- 6 months with a visa;
- 60 days without a visa.
According to the Russian law temporary residence permit is not
subject to extension.
6 months after receiving a temporary residence permit a foreign has
the right to apply for a residence permit in the Russian Federation.